Notification for IEEE PES India Scholarship Award (IPISA) – 2017
The IEEE (Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineers Inc.), and the Power & Energy Society (PES) of IEEE, India instituted the annual IEEE PES India Scholarship Award (IPISA) to encourage young people entering the Electrical engineering and technology profession. The IPISA Scholarships will be given on merit-based selection criteria to attract the real talent and meritorious students to electrical engineering stream by extending the scholarship to toppers in the pre-engineering qualifying examination. This year, the awards are given to the I semester/year B.Tech students from AICTE/UGC-approved institutions from across the country.
The amount of scholarship will be Rs. 75,000/- (Rs. Seventy five thousand only) per student per year to be renewed annually for entire duration of degree course subject to further qualifying requirements. The scholarship will be distributed as below
- 50,000 (Rs. Fifty thousand only) per year per student towards the college and hostel fee. No bills to be produced by the selected student.
- To the maximum extent of Rs. 25,000 (Rs. Twenty five thousand only) per year per student towards the expenses incurred towards attending seminars, conferences, tutorials, workshops and internships to be paid to the student on production of suitable documents of attending the same.
To be eligible for a scholarship, students must fulfill the following conditions:
- Express a willingness to consider a career in power and energy engineering
- Agree to the conditions for renewal of award after the first year
- Will be working on an electrical engineering undergraduate bachelor’s degree (Electrical Engineering/Electrical & Electronic Engineering) as a full-time undergraduate student
- Already enrolled in a university that offers undergraduate courses with curricula that substantively covers the list of typical power engineering subjects
- Takes the power and energy engineering subjects as electives as guided by the mentor
- Any 1st year full time regular UG Engineering program student in Electrical Engineering stream from an AICTE/UGC approved institution
- Higher Secondary (or equivalent) marks should be above 70% or of equivalent grade.
- 12th standard or qualifying pre-university marks should be above 70% or of equivalent grade.
- Application is open to all students who hold a valid cut off rank in the IIT JEE (Main)/IIT JEE (Advanced)/state level engineering entrance examinations, as prescribed in the “call for application”.
- Students from AICTE/UGC approved Institutions are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Cut off score for applying for IPISA 2017 scholarship
- IIT JEE Advanced examination (only for IIT Electrical students): First 250 Ranks
- IIT JEE Main examination( Electrical students from other collages as applicable): First 1750 Ranks
- State level engineering entrance examination: First 500 Ranks
IPISA_Application Submission Guidelines
- The application to IPISA – 2017 is accepted only in soft copy through e-mail addressed to Info@ieee-pes-ipisa.org
- The application format must be furnished with all the details (Annexure-I). Incomplete application form will lead to disqualification.
Application and scanned copy of supporting documents must be submitted in soft copy as a single PDF document only, through e-mail id Info@ieee-pes-ipisa.org (Call for applications last date (closed) )
Applications received after the due date will not be accepted. For further details regarding scholarship scheme, please visit: www.ieee-pes-ipisa.org
NOTE* Selection committee decision will be the final and binding.
Documents to be uploaded to complete application process: (in pdf format)
- 10th Class marks sheet (Mandatory)
- 12th Class or 2nd PUC Marks sheet (Mandatory)
- Engineering entrance examination particulars (Mandatory)
- Study/admission certificate from the professional Institution (Mandatory)
- Certificate of any National/State level competition that was won (optional)
- Certificate of any extra/co-curricular activities like IEEE student membership etc. (optional)
- Name of the scholarship, if the applicant is already in receipt and the amount in rupees per annum, if already in receipt of any scholarship.
Photocopies of the above documents need to be attested by any one of the following: Principal of school/Head of the Department/Dean/Director/Registrar of the candidate’s institution. Scanned copies of the attested documents (in single PDF format only along with application) need to be uploaded to complete the application process, failing which the candidate’s application shall be disqualified.